By: admin No Comments
Focusing on fairness.
- All weekly social welfare payments to increase by €5 per week including the State pension, carer’s allowance, disability allowance and jobseeker’s benefit and allowance from end March.
- Christmas Bonus payment of 100% for all Social Welfare Recipients in 2018.
- Increase in Qualified Child Payment.
- National minimum wage increased to €9.80.
- 2 extra weeks paid parental leave from November 2019.
- Additional allocation of €127 million for the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
- Including increase of €30 million in funding for Túsla.
- Funding for early learning and childcare to increase by €90 million to €574 million.
- Changes in thresholds for the Affordable Childcare Scheme: base income threshold from €22,700 to €26,000; maximum income threshold from €47,500 to €60,000; and increasing the multiple child deduction from €3,800 to €4,300.
- Increase of €110 million to Overseas Development Aid.
- Phased increase of pay rates for ‘New Entrants’ to the Public Service from March 2019
- more info …